Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Panda Licorice

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I thought Panda's ate bamboo but I guess it is just hard to resist good licorice

The Panda pieces little honeycombed logs just under an inch in length. They also have a nice soft chew to them, although they can be a little sticky to get out of the box. I happen to prefer my licorice this way. Maybe I am just getting old but having to gnaw on anything or risk yanking out my fillings just doesn't have the appeal it once did.

The box proclaims the candy to have the "real" taste of licorice. I don't know how accurate that is but they do have what I consider to be the BEST licorice flavor.
Unlike some black licorices that can be overly heavy on the fennel/anise flavor to the point it ends up tasting like cheap sambuca. But the Panda version has a subtle anise flavor that compliments the rich, deep molasses.

I like these so much I just might eat the whole box!... oh wait I DID. Well I gotta go buy some more.

Which P.S. I don't have to feel too guilty about because this candy is fat free and comes in around 130 calories for 15 pieces!


No comments: