Monday, November 12, 2007

Candy Cane Hershey's Kisses

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Do you get these if you are on the naughty or the nice list?

When I saw these out last year I avoided them because I had thought they were made with white chocolate. I HATE white chocolate. Reading the label probably would have helped.

These kisses aren't chocolate at all. Much like the confetti kisses or the candy corn kisses they are a white fondant. After finally tasting them I am kicking myself for not paying better attention last year!

You know those generic mint melt-aways that are pastel colored and look like a kisses overweight and out of shape cousin? They are covered in nonpareils? you know like these:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
They taste almost exactly like that. They melt smoothly. Have a distinct vanilla quality to the mint. The big differences are that of course the Hershey version is in the classic kiss shape and rather then having nonpareils on the bottom swirled, into the kisses are small bits of candy cane that provide an extra mint kick and crunch. I am going to have to stock up on these before they disappear!

No comments: