Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Hillside Coffee- Mocha Latte

Photobucket
I don't think Starbucks has anything to worry about

Since the plain hot chocolate proved to be decent I decided to give one of Hillsides self heating coffee's a try.

I picked the Mocha Latte. I chose that because I find mocha lattes to be pretty forgiving, even if the coffee is bad the chocolate will at least mask it a little.

That was a really good theory. The reality however is that no amount of chocolate was going to help. Once again the self heating can took it's sweet time to heat but it did eventually get there. The coffee it's self reminds me lot of the sludge that comes out of those machines you used to see at hospitals. Yeah, it's coffee in the sense that it does contain coffee beans and water- but you don't know how old the beans were and how often they had been brewed. The Mocha tastes an awful lot like those powdered coffee drink mixes- only not as good. Keep all that in mind and just for fun toss in an aftertaste that is best described as gasoline.

If you guessed that I didn't like this very much you guessed right. Even the rankest of gas station mud is better then this.

PURCHASED FROM:
Kroger (Ralph's depending on your location)
But also seen at Wal*Mart

No comments: