Monday, January 28, 2008

Orville Redenbacher's Natural- Buttery Salt & Cracked Pepper

Photobucket
What ever happened to Orville Grandson Gary?- and why do I even remember him?

Well a Google search turned up that he is now a very respected attorney so good for him.
I picked up a box of the Buttery Salt & Cracked Pepper corn because I love anything that features pepper- yes, I know I could easily just sprinkle the pepper on myself but that takes away the fun of the review doesn't it?
So I got myself a box of the popcorn...

First thing I noticed is that the bags are Mini bags rather then full sized. I liked that. In my microwave anyway the mini bags pop much better and I never finish a large bag anyway so the smaller portion saved on waste.

I think I can safely say this is the best microwaved popcorn I have ever had. The popcorn it's self is plump and crisp. The butter actually manages to taste like butter- without being greasy or artificial. The salt is well balanced and if you like pepper (and I do) you will love this because the pepper is generous, there is no missing it or barely a hint. The pepper is the strongest flavor. I could see where people who aren't as big of a fan of pepper as I am may be overwhelmed but I loved it.

I will definitely be checking out the rest of the naturals line.

PURCHASED FROM:
Kroger (Ralph's depending on your location)

No comments: