Friday, April 11, 2008

Haagen-Dazs Brazilian Acai Berry Sorbet

Photobucket
I am starting to think it was not a good idea to review anything today
I feel like I am 0 for 2.

The Briazilian Acai Berry Sorbet is part of Haagen-Dazs Reserve line.
According to the pint the flavor is supposed to taste like blackberries and blueberries.
I sort of see that. But to me it tasted more like a mix of blueberries, rose water and raisins. Not a bad taste mind you but it is different. What I didn't like was the texture. It's gritty, super gritty. It's like sorbet with sand. I did love the color the photo doesn't do it justice. It is a deep red/purple (I want to do an accent wall in that color)

Great color aside I think I will pass on seconds.

PURCHASED FROM:
Publix Supermarket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just had some of the "Haagen-Dazs Brazilian Acai Berry Sorbey" and it was incredibly gritty. I had to make it into a smoothie in order to dilute the mass of pumice-like grit. I think Haagan Dazs needs to filter the pulp they use from the berries a little more. At least my teeth feel incredibly clean and my energy level is up.