Friday, May 16, 2008

Jolt Spearmint Gum

Photobucket
Sometimes there is just not enough caffeine in my normal beloved Coke Zero to jump start my mornings- especially now that I have the some what weird distinction of being a bartender who works mornings

This morning was one of those mornings. I saw the gum and since it boasted that two pieces of gum where equal to one energy drink I gave it a shot.

Yes, it does indeed work! I got the same rush as I did from drinking a can of Red Bull or RockStar.

Taste wise the gum is also not bad. Just your typical run of the mill spearmint. There IS a bitter after taste. It tastes like a combination of artificial sweetener and too much caffeine. Even with that I still prefer the gum over a can of either of those drinks any day.

Word of advice, if you chew more then 2 pieces in a roughly four hour span of time like I did (three hours of sleep will do that to you) it will pep you up, but there be warned you may experience a massive crash. I did and it was not fun.

In any case this is now a staple in my work apron!


No comments: