Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Pussy Energy Drink- Updated 8-22-08!

Photobucket
YES this IS a real energy drink that is widely sold throughout the U.K.
Photobucket
How I heard about it was because Gordon Ramsay caused quite the controversy when he talked about it on his U.K. show The F Word- in fact if you go to Pussy's own site HERE you can watch the clip for yourself.
Maybe it's my weird sense of humor, maybe my mind is just perpetually in the gutter (as anyone who knows me will tell you is the case) but there was just no way I could pass up trying this drink out for myself. The company says the point of the name is to grab attention- well it worked for me. And I would like to extend a big thank you to the folks behind the drink for sending me out a couple cans to try.

Normally, how I do my reviews is actually on the boring and borderline scientific side (well my inner Alton Brown likes to think it's scientific). I take notes or type as I taste and more often then not something about the product sparks a memory of something else and I end up taking us along for a ride down Gigi's memory lane as we talk about about things like the taste, texture etc. In this case I did things a little different. I absolutely could not resist bringing one of the can's to work. EVERY single guy I showed it to thought it was about the coolest drink EVER without even tasting it- but I saved that honor for my favorite co-worker. Yes, I told him it was his lucky day and I was going to let him taste something special (What?!, I told you I am perpetually in the gutter!)- and then I pulled out the can. Mark got a kick out of it and we cracked the can open.

After all of the build up how did it taste? Pretty darn good actually!
It reminded me of a tropical juice blend rather then an energy drink- and it lacked the bitter, medicinal after taste that the majority of energy drinks seem to have. The drink has Lychee flavor to it and that seems to be the dominate flavor- since I am a Lychee fan this is a selling point for me. I would swear that the drink had Pineapple juice in it although there is no mention of it to be found. It also contains white grape juice (from Southern Italy no less!) and Mexican limes.
The drink also has various herbs such as Milk Thistle, Guarana (well it IS an energy drink), Siberian Ginseng and several others. The companies website does a pretty good job of describing each herb and what they are purported to do.
Energy-wise it was comparable to some of it's American cousins but I have to give it special bonus points for not causing the jittery shakes. It was also bubbly without being too soda like.

This drink was fun all-around. My co-workers even came up with some pretty funny slogans for the drink- which I would share but I hate to say it the paper we wrote them on got lost. It tasted great. I just hope they get this drink over to my side of the pond in the near future, but until then it can be purchased from the companies website.

Edited to add:
The lost slogans were found! a big thank you to Mark- who also get's credit for coming up the vast majority of said slogans (hm... wonder how much credit he really wanted for that?)

So without further ado- the slogans:
* Keep coming back for more

*Get a Mouthful!

*Keeps you going all night long

*Share yours with a friend

*Yeah, you gotta pay for it, but it's worth it!

There are more who wants to hear them?!

PURCHASED FROM:
Sample From Company





2 comments:

GS said...

First, I´m a sucker for packaging and that can is SO CUTE!!... I wonder if it´s marketed for women?

But that name... wow... now I´m curious about it... I wanna try some pussy...lol...

Unknown said...

Pussy Energy Drink...WOW! - You've gotta try this...it's absolutely gorgeous, and compliments spirits and champagne/wines like no other energy drink. Also no headache, no palpitations and even seems to help with the hangover!