Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Taco Bell Frutista Freeze- Mango Strawberry

Photobucket
It's not often that I take a trip to Taco Bell
Nothing against them- I just am lucky enough to live across the street from a La Salsa and I just can't get enough of they're fish taco's. But today had me craving Taco Bell's crunchy taco's so off I went.

I also used this as a chance to try the relatively new Frutista Freeze drink. The Frutista's are a slushy fruit flavored drink that feature being made with real strawberries but no real fruit juice (so figure that one out). I chose to try the mango version because I am not the biggest strawberry fan and I wanted to feel like I was getting something remotely exotic.

It was not love at first taste. The mango version is intensly sweet. Almost overpoweringly sweet. But the odd thing is that it starts to grow on you. It's not a natural mango by any strech but it was a tasty treat. And yes, there are in fact real strawberries on top.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ugh...I still haven't been able to get my hands around a Frutista Freeze here in Hawaii. It's been two months since they started advertising them and no Taco Bell here carries it. Boo!