Monday, November 10, 2008

Stouffers French Bread Pizza- Pepperoni

Photobucket
I think we all know I have a somewhat unnatural love of frozen pizza
One of my first loves was and still is Stouffer's French Bread pizza.

I just love the thick chewy bread. The sauce is just a little sweet and you can almost taste the oregano. It's funny, while I hate this sauce on pasta I like it on the pizza. The cheese is stringy and zesty. And perhaps the best part- the pepperoni actually looks and tastes like real pepperoni! (seriously, what is it with scary frozen pizza pepperoni?)

I think this will always be my bench mark for frozen french bread pizza.

PURCHASED FROM:
Albertsons Supermarket




1 comment:

Unknown said...

I don't know if you can get it out there, but we have BJ's Wholesale Club here (it's like Costco, or Sam's Club). They sell large poxes of refrigerated (not frozen) Pizzeria Uno pizzas that are terrific! You just throw them in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes and it's like the pizza guy just dropped off delivery! We just made the pepperoni one for dinner tonight. The Supreme one is good too:

http://unofoods.com/index.html

Out here, they don't carry the Deep Dish ones, just a few varieties of the regular pizzas (Plain, Pepperoni, Margherita, Supreme).

I just Googled around, and it looks like Albertson's carries them in your area:

http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/300484