Sunday, November 2, 2008

Trader Joe's Lumpy Bumpy Bar

Photobucket
I hope this bar didn't get it's name because it makes you lumpy and bumpy if you eat to many of them!
And after tasting the bar I don't think I am going to have an issue with that.

The Lumpy Bumpy bar is exactly that a lumpy bar of nougat, peanuts and caramel that it wrapped in dark chocolate. Hm sounds like a TJ's version of a Snicker's bar to me. And since 99% of all TJ's candy is out of this world you would think that would have been a good thing. But alas...

The big problem is the nougat beyond being tooth achingly sweet it has no flavor what-so ever texture wise it's almost powdery it's so dry. Assuming you made it though the nougat there are nice large whole or half peanuts, which would be good except they seem unsalted (y'all know me and my love of salty caramel) and on the stale side. The chocolate is just sad- and since it uses real vanilla I had a little more hope for it. But no... I don't even want to talk about the caramel.

Since Trader Joe's so rarely strikes out this badly I am willing to let this one slide (and I am sure they are breathing a sigh of relief) but seriously this was just sad.

PURCHASED FROM:
Trader Joe's


No comments: