Sunday, March 8, 2009

Cold Stone Creamery- Cake Batter Ice Cream

Photobucket
Didn't it seem like there used to be a Cold Stone Creamery every five feet?
There is still one in my relative local area but I don't get to go into one with the ease I could a few years ago. Since the first time I have had it is the Cake Batter flavor. I have tried every cake batter ice cream I have come across since and while many are good Cold Stones is still the best.

I think one of the things that makes the Cold Stone version is so great is the texture. It is super creamy but at the same time it's almost sticky, I know that doesn't sound good but it makes for an interesting mouth feel.

The cake batter flavor is EXACTLY like "raw" yellow cake batter. It's sweet, there's some vanilla, maybe a little eggy. You can also add your choice of a mix-in. I ALWAYS get Oreo's. I just think that the crunch from the cookie and the hit of chocolate add's good contrast to the cake flavor.

Cold Stone may do a lot of great flavors but this is the one I will always love.

PURCHASED FROM:
Cold Stone Creamery


No comments: