Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Haagen-Daazs Fleur De Sel Caramel Ice Cream Bars

Photobucket
I LOVED the Fleur De Sel Caramel pint I reviewed in the past (as well as the many I have bought since) and Haagen-Daazs once again caused me to make that too loud, too embarrassing squeal I have been known to do- (you know the one that tween girls make when they see a glittery picture of Robert Pattinson) when I saw these bars in the freezer case
After a quick look around hoping no one else in the aisle had heard me (they had- I can be really loud) I beat it out of the store and back to my laptop (oh, yeah I paid for the bars too)

The bars are enrobed in a thick layer of dark chocolate. The caramel ice cream base is sweet, but thanks to he dark chocolate not too sweet.

Just like with the pint the star is the salt. It's sharp but at the same time it's not. It makes the sweetness of the caramel stand out. It adds depth and earthy notes to the chocolate. When the salt hits your tongue it's like all the flavors get as shiny and glittery as Edward Cullen on a moonlit night. The salt makes everything that was alreayd good better. As much as I like the pint edition I give this version a slight edge because the salt is a little more pronounced as it runs in stripes down the bar rather then randomly mixed in.

PURCHASED FROM:
Albertsons Supermarket


No comments: