Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Cheesecake Factory Classic Cheesecake



I haven't had cheesecake in forever and it just sounded good tonight. The place I ordered take-out from is now featuring Cheesecake Factory Cheesecake, so I thought what the hell.

I can honestly say up until now I had never tried Cheesecake Factory's original cheese cake. When I am able to go to the restaurant, I love the Godiva Chocolate cheesecake so much that I haven't strayed from it yet.

Cheesecake Factory's Classic cheesecake is a New York style cheesecake with a graham cracker crust. One of the reasons I haven't had it -- beyond my love for the Godiva -- is that I prefer Italian style cheesecake over all other "plain" cheesecakes. (Italian style has ricotta and mascarpone cheeses. The texture is a little coarser and the flavor less sweet. Sometimes honey is also used, but my family never did that.)



This cheesecake is very soft and smooth. The mouth feel is rich. The main flavor seems to be simply cream cheese. There may be a touch of lemon, but if it's there it's very, very subtle.

I also liked the crust. It's a soft graham cracker crust. It's buttery and there is a distinct cinnamon taste.

This is cheesecake at its plainest and most basic. Purists would probably love it. It is certainly good, but I think for me I need some fruit or a drizzle of chocolate.

(Apologies for the lame photos in this post. I had taken and uploaded better ones, but they were lost in the recent Photobucket blackout, so we had to make do.)



Purchased:
Local Take-Out place



No comments: