Thursday, May 14, 2009

Kellogg's Star Trek Cereal (Limited Edition)

Photobucket

If you have read more than a handful of my posts, then it is only logical that you know I am a hugely geeky Trekkie (and yes, I prefer Trekkie to Trekker). It would also probably not surprise you to know that as soon as I saw on The Impulse Buy that there was a new cereal tied to the new movie (read Marvo's post HERE), I glued on my ears, tossed on my "I Grok Spock" shirt, and headed out on a mission to boldly go and find this cereal. It took a while, but I succeeded!

Once I locked my tractor beam onto the box, I dug in.

Photobucket

The cereal is a mix of semi-nutritious sweetened oat clusters and my beloved marshmallows.

Photobucket

I was expecting the oat portions to taste like Lucky Charms. Instead, the loose spirals (which are supposed to look like galaxies) taste like rice cakes...really BAD rice cakes. I don't know how that is even possible. (Replicator on the fritz, perhaps?) Once they soaked in some milk, the flavor wasn't quite as bad. But it wasn't good ,either.

The marshmallows were pretty tasty, though. To be fair, if you have had one cereal marshmallow, you have tasted these. I just happen to LOOOOVE cereal marshmallows. My only complaint about the marshmallows is that there are not enough of them.

As much as I love Trek, I can't say that I will be sad when this cereal is gone. Now, if you'll excuse me, I am off to listen to my copy of Leonard Nimoy's "Two Sides of Leonard Nimoy." (Yes, I actually do own it, along with "The Touch of Leonard Nimoy.")

Live Long and Prosper!

Photobucket

PURCHASED FROM:
Albertsons Supermarket


No comments: