Monday, July 20, 2009

Dove Peanut Butter Silky Smooth Milk Chocolate



Given the sheer number of chocolate/peanut butter products that I have reviewed, it's pretty safe to say that I am a fan.



I also am a fan of Dove products. For mass-market they do a fantastic job with the products they make, and it is among my favorite milk chocolates. When I read Cybele's review back in June I couldn't wait to try this candy for myself.



The bar is broken up into five "promise size" pieces. The outer chocolate is Dove's classic milk chocolate. It's smooth, sweet and has a strong dairy quality to it.

The peanut butter flavor permeates the entire bar--but in a good way. The peanut butter itself is super smooth. There's not much going in terms of texture. One of the things I love about Hershey's peanut butter cups is the crumbly texture of the peanut butter. That's not present here. The peanut butter is mildly salty, but mostly it is just bland. It's not sweet enough that it reminds you of, say, a peanut sauce. It's not roasted enough to be like an actual peanut. It's like peanut butter for people who like their food as plain as possible. It's not bad; it's just kinda forgettable.



In the end this bar is okay. It's smooth, the melt is thick and rich, the chocolate is good. For the chocolate alone, I would prefer it over a Reese's. But on the other hand, I wouldn't for the peanut butter. It's just not as good as a Trader Joe's peanut butter cup (still the best as far as I am concerned).



PURCHASED FROM:
Albertsons Supermarket



1 comment:

Stacy Williams said...

The DOVE Chocolate peanut butter promise is the ultimate indulgence and the perfect bite-sized treat!