Friday, September 18, 2009

Campbell's V8 Garden Vegetable Blend Soup



After eating my body weight in chocolate mousse over the last 24 hours, I felt like I needed to squeeze a couple vegetables in for balance. And Campbell's V8 soup promised me a full serving of veggies in just one bowl (AND a bonus 4 vegetables, as the soup is made with 12 veggies, not just 8).



So how was it? Pretty good, actually.

The texture was rich, thick and creamy. I think I had been expecting the standard issue thinner broth, so that was a happy surprise. The soup is a thick puree that is studded with chunks of carrots, potatoes and peas. Parmesan cheese is also listed in the ingredients, as is milk, and I think that helps add to the rich texture.



You can taste the tomatoes, the onions and the celery. There are also whole kernels of corn. There's red pepper. There's also watercress and parsley. There is so much flavor going on! It was not at all what I was expecting from a boxed soup.

Oh, and there are no preservatives or artificial flavors!
Really, what more can one ask? I will definitely be buying more of these.









No comments: