Thursday, February 25, 2010

Carl's Jr. Double Grilled Cheese Bacon Burger



I love burgers on sourdough, and I love grilled cheese. And I love grilled cheese on sourdough. And since we all know it's physically impossible for bacon to do anything but improve whatever it's put on, this burger had to be a winner -- right?



Yeah, actually it is.

The sourdough bread is nicely toasted, but it doesn't have much flavor. Nonetheless it stands up well to all the cheese and grease.

The cheese blend is a mix of Swiss & American. And just in case you still had an artery or two sort of functioning amidst the cheese, there are the meat patties. And the bacon. Oh, and then the whole thing is slathered with mayonnaise. Quadruple bypass for dessert, anyone?



The beef patties are juicy and taste like they were actually grilled.

The bacon...well, it's like instant, ready-made bacon. But bad bacon is still kinda like bad sex. At least you can say you've had it.



Yes, it's a nutritional nightmare...but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't pretty awesome. It actually reminds me of a perfect hybrid of my two favorite Jack In The Box menu items -- the Sourdough Jack and the Ultimate Cheeseburger. (I am sure neither company is going to be happy I said that. But it was meant as a compliment.)

God, I feel so dirty. But I'm still smiling.



PURCHASED FROM:

Carl's Jr.

PRICE:

$3.49

CALORIES:

1,020. (I know, but this is a sometimes food.)

OFFICIAL WEBSITE:

carlsjr.com

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Bad bacon and bad sex just don't combine the two...

Anonymous said...

Someone pointed this out on another website that its actually just a Sourdough Jack from Jack in the Box, minus the tomato. Its bigger though, and the meat patties are grilled at Carls Jr. hence the better taste.

I was so disappointed when I realized it was true.